List of topics for February 2024 hearing
The hearing due to commence on 26 February 2024 is concerned with the Royal Hospital for Children and Young People, and Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Edinburgh
This paper sets out the list of topics to be covered at the hearing. Broadly, these are:
- The development of the design of the ventilation system for critical care rooms in the period after financial close;
- The decision making and governance concerning the agreement reached between NHSL and IHSL on 22 February 2019;
- The decision making and governance around the decision not to open the hospital as planned in 2019;
- The changes to the ventilation system in the period between 2019 and the opening of the hospital;
- The decision making and governance around the decision to open the hospital; and
- Whether the hospital provides a suitable environment for the delivery of safe, effective person-centred care.
While the hearing is concerned with the RHCYP/DCN, to fully address the terms of reference, there may be evidence that overlaps with the aspects of the Inquiry relevant to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (QEUH). In addition, evidence will be led on some issues that are potentially relevant to both hospitals.
This hearing diet should conclude the evidence taking phase of the Inquiry in relation to the Royal Hospital for Children and Young People, and Department of Clinical Neurosciences.